Fish & Wildlife Committee (FWC)
- Advise the Board of Supervisors on fish and wildlife issues that may affect Contra Costa County (CCC)
- Make recommendations to the Board for the expenditure of funds from the Fish and Wildlife Propagation Fund pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 13103
- Address issues surrounding the enforcement of fish and game laws and regulations in CCC
- Consider other issues referred to the Committee by the Board
In 2018, the Fish and Wildlife Committee will meet on January 17, February 21, April 18, July 18 and November 28 at 3:00 pm. Please check the website for updates to the meeting schedule.
Most Recent | View All
Agenda and Minute Archive
Agenda Archive 2010-2016
Meeting Minutes Archive 2010-2016
For agendas and minutes prior to 2010, please contact staff at (925) 674-7203.
2019 Grant RFP
Application for New Members
There are two upcoming At-large vacancy positions and one At-large Alternate position available. The deadline to apply is October 1, 2018.
The County Fish and Wildlife Committee, an advisory committee to the County Board of Supervisors, found that with the increase in homes built near open spaces, there has been an increase in negative interactions between humans and local wildlife.
Wildlife in Your Backyard
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Contra Costa County Department of Agriculture
- Contra Costa County Animal Services Department
- Contra Costa County Mosquito and Vector Control District
- Lindsay Wildlife Experience
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- University of California Cooperative Extension: Master Gardener Program
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
- Contra Costa Clean Water Program
- Walnut Creek Open Space Foundation